Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't let me perform a software update

My Apple iPod 5th generation ran of battery, so I charge it a couple of days later. Then as I started charging it a little while ago, I noticed that my iPod had the wrong date. It was set to December 31, but with the correct time. I've already been to settings then to Date and Time. As I checked the Time Zone, it just kept loading. I Googled "how to change the date and time on a iPod". It said that the version of iOS on your device has to be up to date, which I have't downloaded yet. As I hit "Download and Install", it says "An error occurred downloading iOS 8.3". What should I do now?

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:26 AM

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>General>Data and Time and make sure time zone is correct as well as date and time.

- Go to Settings>General>Language and Region and make sure calendar is set to Gregorian

- Try whenConnect to another network

- If you still can't update via Settings>General>Software update connect to computer and try updating via iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:26 AM in response to TheAoTGeek

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Go to Settings>General>Data and Time and make sure time zone is correct as well as date and time.

- Go to Settings>General>Language and Region and make sure calendar is set to Gregorian

- Try whenConnect to another network

- If you still can't update via Settings>General>Software update connect to computer and try updating via iTunes.

Won't let me perform a software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.