Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make a bell curve graph in Numbers or Grapher

How can I make bell curve graphs in Numbers. I am trying to make bell curve graphs for a lab on Natural selection. I have tried a lot of setting but i can't seem to find the way to make those graphs. If anybody knows how to do this can you please give a visual and written of every single step in the least complicate form if that is possible. I would really appreciate anybody help on.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 1:30 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 2:57 PM in response to jenniwatsky777

Jenni,

Generally a bell shaped curve represents a distribution of a particular parameter or aspect that has both an average and a standard deviation. Do you have data? If so you need to group the data into bins, then plot the count by bin. This is called a histogram.

Perhaps you can explain a little more what you want to do and what you have already tried.

May 27, 2015 7:14 AM in response to jenniwatsky777

Hi Jenni,

As Wayne asked: "Do you have data?"

You will need to "bin" your data into categories before Numbers can produce a histogram and a bell curve.

See this discussion where Jerrold Green1 shows how to use the INDEX and FREQUENCY functions to prepare your data for a histogram.

Re: Histogram in Numbers

To move forward from here, we need to have some idea of your data. A screen shot will help. A picture paints a thousand words 🙂.

Regards,

Ian.

how to make a bell curve graph in Numbers or Grapher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.