Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPr - Mid 2012 - Can be accept Repair Extension Program ???

The first, sorry for my english . I'm a Vietnamese, so if you can please don't discomfort with my language .

I need to help about GPU issue . I'm very tired and embitter with this problem.

My machine is Macbook Pro retina - Mid 2012 , Model : MC975 , Installed Mac OS 10.10.3 .

My mac shut off when the graphic card swap between GPU HD 4000 and NVidia GT 650M . And sometime it get freeze , I can't do anything else except press the power until it shut down completely .

And sometime the machine get distorted screen . Specially when I play a movie HD or swap heavy app, or open a big folder together.

I don't know how to tell exactly details of this problem . But If you can , please see this video has been record by me .

Link :

Video 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K4PoHPxsWA&feature=youtu.be

Video 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa987uxta04&feature=youtu.be

I was chat with some advisors , but they can not help me . They just tell me should clear OS and new install , or login to Safe mode ... etc . I tried , but no trouble found or nothing improve.

And I'd take it to AASP in Vietnam , they run VST ( Video System Test ) , and it's passed . And they tell me can not do anything.

Now , I need to know my machine can be accept the program repair extension from Apple ( replace logic board ) without warranty ? ( My coverage service for this macbook is expired ) .

Thanks for reading.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Model MC975

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:08 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 11:09 AM in response to carl wolf

Thanks for reply to me.

But I need to know how I can get this program . I'd take it to AASP, but they did not allow my machine.

Some people in my country had similar problem , and they called to Apple Support ( Phone number : 1-201-0288 ) to talk about this issue, and they has accepted by manager's advisor . And then, they just take it to AASP in Vietnam to replace new logic board from Apple .

Who can help me like that , please ?

MBPr - Mid 2012 - Can be accept Repair Extension Program ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.