Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to save any changes using 'Get Info'

I can fill out all the fields [album, artist etc] and submit the information, but nothing changes. Am I missing something?

Using iTunes 12.1.2

Windows 8, null

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:48 PM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

tt2

10 replies

May 25, 2015 1:11 PM in response to blh90

If .mp3 files are involved then the issue could be multiple embedded tags where one gets updated when you make a change, but iTunes or any device may later read back unchanged data from another. A workaround in iTunes is to use right-click context menu Convert ID3 Tags... > None a few times to remove all existing tags and then Convert ID3 Tags... > v2.3 to build a fresh tag with the information still held in the iTunes database. I've read in the past that iTunes isn't fully compliant with the v2.4 spec. although this may no longer be the case, however support for v2.3 is widespread so I would suggest using v2.3 over v2.4. Note this process removes any embedded artwork and only works with files in .mp3 format.

tt2

May 25, 2015 1:19 PM in response to turingtest2

It's every single file I have, even though they were easily updated in previous versions of iTunes.

Going back to your first solution,...when I go to 'advanced security settings' I have quite a long list in there, and some duplicates. Does that matter?

Also, in C drive I have 'program files' and 'program files (x86)' and both have an iTunes directory...

Perhaps I'm out of my depth 😊

I am unable to save any changes using 'Get Info'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.