Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto albums vanished

I don't use my imac's iPhoto program a whole lot. Mostly when I take a picture wt my iPhone, and transfer it to my computer. All of the photos still appear to be there, but the albums that I created on the left hand side of the iPhoto screen over the years, is now gone. I clicked on the albums tab, and they don't appear to be there anymore. The albums are still there in my IOS, so I cannot figure out why there gone fro my iMac. Does anyone have any idea? I am using iPhotos Version 1.0 (209.52.0) wt Yosemite version 10.10.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:13 PM

I am using iPhotos Version 1.0 (209.52.0) wt Yosemite version 10.10.3

This looks like you were not using iPhoto any longer but the new Photos.app for Mac.

The current iPhoto version is iPhoto 9.6.1, the compatibility update for Yosemite.

I clicked on the albums tab, and they don't appear to be there anymore.

Either you opened an older iPhoto Library in Photos, or you have hidden the albums.

Open the Sidebar in Photos: Klick the key combination ⌥⌘S.

if the Album section is collapsed in the Sidebar, hover with the pointer to the right of the word "Albums" to reveal the hidden Show/Hide control and click Show to reveal the albums.

User uploaded file

If you prefer to browse with the Sidebar hidden, use the arrow buttons in the Toolbar to step between the views with the albums showing or the photos in the albums.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 12:13 PM in response to greenmind

I am using iPhotos Version 1.0 (209.52.0) wt Yosemite version 10.10.3

This looks like you were not using iPhoto any longer but the new Photos.app for Mac.

The current iPhoto version is iPhoto 9.6.1, the compatibility update for Yosemite.

I clicked on the albums tab, and they don't appear to be there anymore.

Either you opened an older iPhoto Library in Photos, or you have hidden the albums.

Open the Sidebar in Photos: Klick the key combination ⌥⌘S.

if the Album section is collapsed in the Sidebar, hover with the pointer to the right of the word "Albums" to reveal the hidden Show/Hide control and click Show to reveal the albums.

User uploaded file

If you prefer to browse with the Sidebar hidden, use the arrow buttons in the Toolbar to step between the views with the albums showing or the photos in the albums.

User uploaded file

iphoto albums vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.