Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Ipad is disabled, how do I get it to connect to the wi-fi so that it will reset? Already hit reset in icloud, says it is waiting for it to connect to internet

I have been trying to restore my ipad after my nephew was kind enough to disable it. I did go on icloud to restore it, but it says that it needs to connect to the internet. When the ipad got disabled, it lost it's connection to the wi-fi. How can I have it connect to the wi-fi so that I can finally restore my ipad?

I have also tried all other options of connecting to iTunes, but it won't allow anything. It keeps giving several different errors.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:39 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 12:44 PM in response to bnp94903

You can't erase it using iCloud if it will not connect to the Internet. There is no way to force that to happen. You are going to have to use iTunes to restore. Any computer running iTunes will work for restoring the iPad. You will lose everything in the iPad but having a functional erased iPad is better than having an iPad that has all of your data but will not function. An Apple Store can restore your iPad for you.

However, all hope is not lost for you to do it on your own. What error messages or error codes is iTunes throwing at you? Did you try disabling your firewall and anti virus software when you attempted to restor?

If my Ipad is disabled, how do I get it to connect to the wi-fi so that it will reset? Already hit reset in icloud, says it is waiting for it to connect to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.