Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using a compact, ten-keyless mechanical keyboard: Right fn/control key not working.

I have a compact ten-keyless mechanical keyboard: the Leopold 660c. In theory the fn/control is supposed to turn the numbers into function keys. I thought that on a mac it would let me use fn+6 to pause or play music and fn+- and fn+= to change the volume. But, this doesn't work. My OS identifies the keyboard as ANSI with 102 keys, and the keyboard viewer shows a function key row and a ten-key numbers pad neither of which exist on my keyboard. Most of the mappings are correct, but the right fn key does nothing. If I change the dip switches it just lets me switch the order of command, control, and option and if I get all 3 of them working on the right then it's the LEFT function key that does nothing.

I'm most interested in being able to use fn+6 to pause or play music ... the dead key is not that big of a deal, but it may be related.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Are there any good software solutions for this? I downloaded a key remapping program and it seemed more about shortcuts than fixing this kind of problem.

Thanks!

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 25, 2015 1:56 PM

There are no replies.

Using a compact, ten-keyless mechanical keyboard: Right fn/control key not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.