Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export a table from Pages to Numbers and other questions

Hi, people,

I have several questions regarding Numbers (3.0.1). Hopefully you can answer most of them!

1) I created a big table in Pages, which has reached what seems to be the maximum of rows allowed by the app (999). Now I desperately need to copy that table to a Numbers spreadsheet. I just tried selecting and copying the table, then pressing ⌘V on Numbers, but nothing happens. How can I do that?

2) When I work with a table in Pages, every time I type the first few letters of a word in a new cell, the app will suggest other words already used in the same table. However, Numbers doesn't do that. How can I implement that behaviour in the app?

3) Is it possible to do in Numbers the same that I asked in the previous question, but considering the words that I've already used in other spreadsheets? Hopefully there's an easy way to do this that doesn't imply making a database with other app or something like that...

Thanks a lot in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Core i5 27-inch (Late 2009)

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:47 PM

6 replies

May 26, 2015 7:02 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Yes, that's exactly what I've trying to do all the time, but, again, nothing happens. Perhaps it has something to do with the older version of Numbers that I'm using?

Anyway, the funny thing is that I just solved the issue using Excel. I pressed ⌘V there and everything worked like a charm.

Do you happen to know the answer to my other questions though? That'd be really helpful.

Cheers and thanks.

How to export a table from Pages to Numbers and other questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.