Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replaced the AppleI replaced Time Capsule MB276LL/A (AirPort Extreme Plus 500 GB Storage) ME 177 L/A with AirPort Time Capsule 802. 11ac 2TB. The time machine will not connetct to it

I had to replace my Time Capsule MB276LL/A (AirPort Extreme Plus 500 GB Storage) with ME 177 L/A AirPort Time Capsule 802. 11ac 2TB. Now I get a reminder that there was no backup since I installed the Time Capsule 802. 11ac 2TB.

I have OS version 10.10.3 on the iMac. When I open Time Machine it tells You haven’t selected a location for Time Machine backups.

Pressing the setup Time Machine opens an other window with “Other Airport Time Capsule and Setup an Airport Time Capsule that’s not listed. Pressing Set Up produces no results no errors or reason why?

My AirPort Utility shows the AirPort Time Capsule connected to the Internet.

At the present I’m stuck

iPad Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:44 PM

Two different procedures are involved here......

1) The old settings that told your Mac to back up to your old Time Capsule need to be deleted, since the Old Time Capsule is no longer there.

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Time Machine

Make sure Time Machine is On

Click Add or Remove Backup Disk

Click on the current backup disk (named "Data" unless you have changed it) to highlight it

Click Remove Disk

Close Time Machine Preferences

2) New settings need to be entered to get backups going to the new Time Capsule

Open System Preferences again

Open Time Machine

Make sure that Time Machine is On

Click Add of Remove Backup Disk

Under Available Disks, click on "Data" (Your new Time Capsule disk is also named "Data" unless you have changed it) to highlight it

Click Use Disk

Close the windows

A backup should begin in a few minutes

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 3:44 PM in response to kbk86

Two different procedures are involved here......

1) The old settings that told your Mac to back up to your old Time Capsule need to be deleted, since the Old Time Capsule is no longer there.

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Time Machine

Make sure Time Machine is On

Click Add or Remove Backup Disk

Click on the current backup disk (named "Data" unless you have changed it) to highlight it

Click Remove Disk

Close Time Machine Preferences

2) New settings need to be entered to get backups going to the new Time Capsule

Open System Preferences again

Open Time Machine

Make sure that Time Machine is On

Click Add of Remove Backup Disk

Under Available Disks, click on "Data" (Your new Time Capsule disk is also named "Data" unless you have changed it) to highlight it

Click Use Disk

Close the windows

A backup should begin in a few minutes

I replaced the AppleI replaced Time Capsule MB276LL/A (AirPort Extreme Plus 500 GB Storage) ME 177 L/A with AirPort Time Capsule 802. 11ac 2TB. The time machine will not connetct to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.