Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! omg...

I've been trying to copy my itune songs that I downloaded from Amazon onto my new Mp3 player. I found out that I had to change the format from ACC to mp3 which is what I did. I opened the Mp3 player and I can see that there are no files on it because it's new! So, I tried to copy the newly formatted songs onto the new Mp3 player and I got the following: Modifying "remote disc" requires an administrator name and password. To move (song names mp3) click authenticate.

Well there is NO AUTHENTICATE button anywhere!! I've tried everything. I read in the forum where someone had the same prob as me, and the answer he got was that his mp3 player might be "protected"????? Why would that be??? Mine is NEW!!!

I've had so much trouble with this computer...doing little stuff like COPYING songs onto another device is like moving a mountain!!!! WHY!?!?!??!? I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A PC!!! EVERYTHING MAC DOES IS SO CUMBERSOME! I WISH I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AUTHENTICATED, WHERE AND HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO "AUTHENTICATE" IT AND WHERE THE AUTHENTICATE BUTTON IS????

I WANT TO SCREAM.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), SERIAL NO. C1MN29SYG085

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:56 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 4:58 PM in response to freedomlives999

freedomlives999 wrote:

I've been trying to copy my itune songs that I downloaded from Amazon onto my new Mp3 player. I found out that I had to change the format from ACC to mp3 which is what I did.

if you bought the songs as downloads from Amazon Digital Music, they are already in MP3 format and do not need to be converted. Just connect your player and drag the songs to it.

May 25, 2015 6:22 PM in response to ed2345

thank you for that answer but that's not what I was referring to. I know I bought my stuff on Amazon and that the songs were in mp3 format but I downloaded all my music from Amazon into itunes on my computer bec I wanted to just be able to hook my mp3 player into my Mac and just drag the songs from itunes on my computer to my mp3 player instead of logging into Amazon to do it... so I guess I can't do it that way so I'll have to go back and do it on Amazon. fine... thank you

Please help! omg...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.