Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New to Logic Pro X--Missing Group Slot

Hi...brand new Logic Pro X user here, recording acoustic drums (gulp) through a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (some separate confusion about their Mix Control software) tied to my new MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite.

I'm not able to set up a group for the separate drum tracks in Logic. It seems in most cases, there is an option on the channel strip for this, but it is missing for me. I don't know if I've inadvertently selected something or hooked something up incorrectly to cause this to disappear. Anybody experience this? Probably a dumb question, so please forgive my newbie status! Also attempted to search for this and have come up with nothing.

Thanks.

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:18 PM

1st step.....

Turn on all the Advanced Tools in Logic's Preferences/Advanced Tools tab...

Now Logic Pro X works in the full featured LPX mode rather than the cut down 'Garageband Pro' Mode...

Step 2...

You might want to invest a little money and buy Edgar's (One of the very helpful regulars here) excellent GEM Visual Guides to Logic Pro X found here...

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/Manuals.html

Try out the iBooks version of the Logic Pro X 10.1 New Features one that is free.. to get a feel as to just how good and useful they are......

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Drumguy4

1st step.....

Turn on all the Advanced Tools in Logic's Preferences/Advanced Tools tab...

Now Logic Pro X works in the full featured LPX mode rather than the cut down 'Garageband Pro' Mode...

Step 2...

You might want to invest a little money and buy Edgar's (One of the very helpful regulars here) excellent GEM Visual Guides to Logic Pro X found here...

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/Manuals.html

Try out the iBooks version of the Logic Pro X 10.1 New Features one that is free.. to get a feel as to just how good and useful they are......

Brand New to Logic Pro X--Missing Group Slot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.