Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari WARNING! I got today and what is it?

today while using safari I got the web popup after I was installed extensions duckduckgo and click flash... i have now uninstalled those two.

http://aleart.softwaresecurity.info

WARNING! Your system Mac OS X 10_10_3 is infected and your private information is not safe. You need to clean your Mac 10_10_3 today.

I couldn't do any thing in safari except click Okay and then it took me to a site and then I was able to close it after that... I could force quite safari but every time I opened it the site would stop me from closing it until I clicked okay..

some advice would be helpful. how can I prevent this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:29 PM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

If that message continues to appear after doing the above, click here and run Adware Medic. You may need to download it from a different web browser.

To prevent it from appearing in the future, avoid visiting compromised or questionable websites.

(127874)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Mifiesta!

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

If that message continues to appear after doing the above, click here and run Adware Medic. You may need to download it from a different web browser.

To prevent it from appearing in the future, avoid visiting compromised or questionable websites.

(127874)

Safari WARNING! I got today and what is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.