Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded Yosemite, now iPhoto doesn't work. It says to go to the App Store. But they don't have a version yet. Anyone know what's up?

I upgraded Yosemite, now iPhoto doesn't work. It says to go to the App Store. But they don't have a version yet. Anyone know what's up?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:03 PM

iPhoto has been replaced by Photos. If you want iPhoto then see the following:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 3:03 PM in response to tiger6415

iPhoto has been replaced by Photos. If you want iPhoto then see the following:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Jun 7, 2015 10:54 AM in response to Kappy

I do not see iPhoto in the App store and I do not have a "manage my hidden purchases" option. Can I go to my applications on the desktop and move my iPhoto application to the trash? When I try to do this it says "Finder wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this". Is this what I should do in order to be able to download updated iPhoto version?? I do not know when I last updated iPhoto. Not sure which version I was running before I updated to Yosemite.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.