Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically importing photos into events

After I got the update to iPhone recently, when I import photos into iPhoto, they DO NOT convert into events like they used to.

How do I get back to when I import my photos, they automatically populate as separate events?

Thanks!

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:41 PM

There has been no recent update to iPhoto. (I presume you mean iPhoto when you say iPhone). An entirely new app called Photos has been released. IS that what you're referring to?

6 replies

May 26, 2015 9:51 AM in response to NormanKristina

Is it possible to get iPhoto back and not use Photos?

Yes. iPhoto was not deleted from your hard drive, only removed from the Dock. If you have iPhoto 9.6.1 you can still use your iPhoto library. If you don't have that version but some earlier version of 9.x try following Terence Devlin's iinstructions in this post to obtain iPhoto 9.6.1 from the App Store:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

Automatically importing photos into events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.