Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi network name

I recently changed my wireless router from a dlink to a Airport Time Capsule. it automatically changed the name my wifi account. Can I change it back? I have a MacBook Pro, running Yosemite

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:09 PM

Open Utilities/Airport Utility. Click your Time Capsule in the display, then click the 'Edit' button.

In the pane which opens, click the 'Wireless' tab, then amend 'Wireless Network Name' to suit. Make sure you have set Wireless Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal and set a strong password (to prevent your neighbours using your network).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 3:09 PM in response to melissafromelma

Open Utilities/Airport Utility. Click your Time Capsule in the display, then click the 'Edit' button.

In the pane which opens, click the 'Wireless' tab, then amend 'Wireless Network Name' to suit. Make sure you have set Wireless Security to WPA/WPA2 Personal and set a strong password (to prevent your neighbours using your network).

May 25, 2015 3:13 PM in response to melissafromelma

On the MacBook Pro.......

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the Time Capsule icon, then click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Wireless tab at the top of the next window

Edit the Wireless Network Name as you wish

Click Update at the lower right of the window to save the new setting and allow a full minute for the Time Capsule to restart

Close AirPort Utility

User uploaded file

wifi network name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.