Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a very strange font for my Apple ID Password

I'm using Yosemite on a mid-2010 27" iMac.

When I am asked for my Apple ID and Password, I now get a strange window filled with some font which probably cannot be displayed. It is four rows of square boxes filled with the letter A followed by a space and then two more rows with the same boxes filled with the letter A. Below that are three boxes in one row.

If I type my password in and then click on the bottom right clickable box, I get logged in successfully.

I installed the Yosemite font a few days ago. Is that causing this or is it something else?

I'd like to paste in a screen shot of what I'm seeing but this community does not allow it.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 27"

Posted on May 25, 2015 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 4:24 PM

Gil Woolley wrote:

I'd like to paste in a screen shot of what I'm seeing but this community does not allow it.

Sure it does. In the reply window tool bar there is a camera icon, click that, navigate to your screen shot and add the photo.

7 replies

May 25, 2015 7:20 PM in response to SeaPapp

Well, I misremembered. It is the San Francisco font.

OSXDaily suggested it at this URL:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/05/20/use-san-francisco-system-font-in-os-x/?utm_source =feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaig…

You might well be right. I may have to remove it and see if that improves the situation.

So to clarify. After reading the above link, I installed the San Francisco font. I have not been very happy with the clarity of the system fonts on Yosemite. My own opinion is that the San Francisco font, if that is truly installed, is no clearer than the font installed for the system with Yosemite.

I get a very strange font for my Apple ID Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.