Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Flex-Time considered an "effect plugin"?

I've been flexing some audio files before sending to mix. I always 'disable effect plugin' when doing so, but I'm not sure if I'm also disabling the flex edits I've made on the track itself. I was thinking of plug-ins as the stuff that goes in the channel strips, not the edits I've made directly to the track. Help?

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:49 PM

First of all, what do you mean "sending to mix"? DO you send the project, bounce the files, etc.

Flex is not a Plugin. It is a non-destructive audio editing feature inside Logic. You enable or disable each Track separately (and you can then disable Flex for individual Regions on that Track). Once a Region has Flex enabled, it will be bounced in that state, kind of "what you hear is what you bounce".

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 10:49 PM in response to cook9330

First of all, what do you mean "sending to mix"? DO you send the project, bounce the files, etc.

Flex is not a Plugin. It is a non-destructive audio editing feature inside Logic. You enable or disable each Track separately (and you can then disable Flex for individual Regions on that Track). Once a Region has Flex enabled, it will be bounced in that state, kind of "what you hear is what you bounce".

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Is Flex-Time considered an "effect plugin"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.