Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove shared folder/drive

I clicked a link to download a user manual (from the dishwasher mfg site), which used the archive utility to open a zip. This created the folder showing in the "shared" column in Finder.

I want to remove the "Openelec" folder/drive. Here's what I've tried:

- Option/drag to trash. Says I can't delete it.

- the 'eject' triangle will only appear if I click a subfolder. won't eject the folder anyways.

- all of my sharing options were off and are off.

- I read posts suggesting to select and deselect all options in the sharing folder. nope.

- delete sidebar plist and relaunch finder. nope.

Please help with your suggestions to remove this folder. Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 4:33 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2015 4:58 PM in response to BWMP

Have you tried shutting down, waiting for at least one minute, then restarting? Tried holding down the COMMAND key while dragging the sidebar entry out until the "poof" cloud appears then letting go?

When you have selected the server's sidebar entry you say nothing happens when you then click on the Eject button to the right of OPENELEC? What happens if you click on the entry displayed in the first column - OPENELEC? Try clicking on the Connect As button. If it connects then try ejecting it.

May 25, 2015 8:28 PM in response to Kappy

I shut down, waited a couple of hours. Clicked the "connect as", and chose "as guest", and it says connected. The "openelec" only shows an eject symbol to the right of it if I select a sub folder, and then clicking it (on openelec) to eject just removes the symbol. Holding Command to drag doesn't result in a poof cloud, it doesn't respond that I can drag it at all, "openelec" stays put.

I then, in Finder, clicked "go/home", and found the "Openelec" folder in the Network folder. Command/click/drag doesn't show poof cloud, it either wants to create copy, not allow copy, or if moved over trash (and then the trash can turns into the eject symbol) but doesn't eject and then says that it can't delete the folder. When I do the command click drag and release, it says to click 'authenticate' to modify.

Thanks for any more ideas or explanations, I appreciate it.

Remove shared folder/drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.