Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer pictures from iPhone to new Photos app

How do I transfer pictures from iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.3 to new Photos app v 1.0 on laptop with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3? I do not want to use iCloud, I want the feature I had in iPhotos to transfer pictures to my laptop. Thank you! I have my own backup methods.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:26 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Deybon

Deybon please do not take this as disrespectful, but your response is the opposite of what I want to do....and exactly what Apple is trying to force it's user base to do. In iPhoto we had the ability to download pictures from our phones to our computers. It appears Apple has nixed that ability--all documentation that I can find refers end users to turn on Photo Stream / iCloud. Worse yet, it also appears that Apple has discontinued Aperature which had the same ability as iPhoto to download pictures WITHOUT the need for a hosted service (iCloud).

I DO NOT want my pictures on any server outside of my house without my direct posting of them there. Again, no disrespect, but my question is when is Apple going to add back the feature of direct download of pictures from a phone to Photos without the need for a hosted service. It needs to be as elegant as Aperture / iPhoto's syncing ability without the wolf in sheep's clothing called iCloud (get everybody's pictures there there make them pay for it).

On a parallel tangent, Apple also appears to be headed towards soldering memory, hard drives, video cards, etc to motherboards. Packard Bell did this type of garbage back in the 90's folks, and look where they are today. Apple Marketing Folks, there is a such thing as a power user out there that is awfully influential in helping the "simpleton" users decide what brand to purchase next. Please heed the call. Apple is Mighty today, but winds can change my friends.

Transfer pictures from iPhone to new Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.