Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch app shutting down unexpectedly

Hello!

I have an Apple Watch Sport 38mm. Ever since I first set it up, I can't manage to open the "Health" part (configuration option) inside the Apple Watch app on my iPhone 6. If I click it, the app just shuts down unexpectedly. All of the other options work fine and open correctly, but not this one.I don't even know what's inside that because I could never see it.

What I've tried:

• Closing the app by double-tapping
  • Rebooting the iPhone
  • Rebooting the Apple Watch
  • Making sure both the iPhone (8.3) and the Apple Watch (1.0.1) are updated
  • Resetting all settings on the Apple Watch and restoring from the backup.

No go.

I noticed that if I turn off bluetooth (disconnecting the Apple Watch from the phone), the same thing still happens. I don't know if the issue is on the phone or on the watch.

I think my last resort would be completely resetting the Apple Watch again but this time don't restoring from the backup and setting up from scratch. But before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this issue before and if there's any other way around it. It's bothering me, since I guess I can change a number of things health-wise from inside that option.

I made a short video showing what happens, in case the description of the issue is hard to understand: https://youtu.be/42Trppwg27Q

This is the option I mean:

User uploaded file

Appreciate any help!

Cheers!

Apple Watch, Watch OS 1.0.1

Posted on May 25, 2015 7:20 PM

2 replies

May 31, 2015 8:20 AM in response to Carolin from Alberta

Carolin, I solved my issue yesterday. The culprit was my iPhone. Nothing else worked, so I had to do a full iOS restore using iTunes, then restored the backup. It was definitely a bug within the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, and since there's no way to uninstall it, this seems to be the only way to go. But make sure to do it via iTunes so that iOS is downloaded and reinstalled completely and not just a backup restore. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Apple Watch app shutting down unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.