Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Showing facebook in sidebar photos for osx

I have the new Photos programme, that was updated from iPhoto. I used to be able to see all my Albums on Facebook and upload direct, edit and delete. For some reason, I cannot manage to see the facebook albums in my sidebar anymore.

If you have a moment and know the answer, please share as it's really frustrating.

Ta

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:23 PM

If you have a moment and know the answer, please share as it's really frustrating.

It is no longer possible in Photos. Syncing with Facebook and Flickr changed considerably.

In iPhoto or Aperture you could see Facebook in the sidebar, because iPhoto synced with Facebook. The synced Facebook albums were part of the iPhoto Library. Now you just share to Facebook without creating shared albums in your photo library. You can only upload to existing albums, and these albums do not sync with your library and are not a part of it. So you cannot see them there.

See the Help page: https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/?lang=en#/pht6e41eaff

You can still use iPhoto, if you prefer it. Photos is not an update to iPhoto and has not replaced it. iPhoto should still be in your Applications folder. You may need to update it to the last version, iPhoto 9.6.1 however, because only this version is compatible with MacOS X 10.10.3.
See: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 10:23 PM in response to jamiedck

It is no longer possible in Photos. Syncing with Facebook and Flickr changed considerably.

In iPhoto or Aperture you could see Facebook in the sidebar, because iPhoto synced with Facebook. The synced Facebook albums were part of the iPhoto Library. Now you just share to Facebook without creating shared albums in your photo library. You can only upload to existing albums, and these albums do not sync with your library and are not a part of it. So you cannot see them there.

See the Help page: https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.0/?lang=en#/pht6e41eaff

You can still use iPhoto, if you prefer it. Photos is not an update to iPhoto and has not replaced it. iPhoto should still be in your Applications folder. You may need to update it to the last version, iPhoto 9.6.1 however, because only this version is compatible with MacOS X 10.10.3.
See: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

Showing facebook in sidebar photos for osx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.