Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover backed up photos from an old iPhoto library?

How can I recover backed up photos on Time Machine from an old iPhoto library?

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:22 PM

A simple question. Unfortunately, the answer is not.

Assuming that your Time Machine backups go back to the point in time that you want to reach, you can restore the iPhoto Library back to the present.

Unfortunately, you cannot go back and browse for a few images and restore only those few images that you want.....you have to restore the entire iPhoto Library and then use iPhoto to edit the images that you want.

We can tell you how to go back and restore the library......but all the details about how to get into the restored library, edit, save, and export back to your original iPhoto library are things that the iPhoto experts in the iPhoto support forum will need to answer for you.....since we are not iPhoto experts here.

The iPhoto forum is here.......iPhoto for Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 6:22 PM in response to jlew777

A simple question. Unfortunately, the answer is not.

Assuming that your Time Machine backups go back to the point in time that you want to reach, you can restore the iPhoto Library back to the present.

Unfortunately, you cannot go back and browse for a few images and restore only those few images that you want.....you have to restore the entire iPhoto Library and then use iPhoto to edit the images that you want.

We can tell you how to go back and restore the library......but all the details about how to get into the restored library, edit, save, and export back to your original iPhoto library are things that the iPhoto experts in the iPhoto support forum will need to answer for you.....since we are not iPhoto experts here.

The iPhoto forum is here.......iPhoto for Mac

How can I recover backed up photos from an old iPhoto library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.