Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone apps not syncing when removed in iTunes 12

I went into iTunes and removed the applications that were no longer on my iPhone by clicking on the upper left hand corner X that was hidden. The application was removed from iTunes. My iPhone synced and then I signed out of iTunes. I shut down and restarted my iPhone. When I went into the AppStore the applications still appeared on the Not on this iPhone list. I use Vista. Does anyone know how to remove them from my iPhone?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:46 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 9:01 PM in response to SeaBorn49

When I went into the AppStore the applications still appeared on the Not on this iPhone list. [...] Does anyone know how to remove them from my iPhone?

It's getting late here, but I'm totally confused...

The apps are not on your iPhone. You deleted them, and the App Store app confirms this by listing them as Not on this iPhone. Yet, your final question is how to remove them?

Or do you mean you want to delete them from the App Store list of Purchased apps? If that's what you want, you can't delete them from the purchase history. You can only Hide them from the list.

May 25, 2015 9:32 PM in response to gail from maine

Sorry - ignore what I wrote above:

gail from maine wrote:

Right - the apps will continue to display in the "Not on this iPhone" section on your device and under Purchased in iTunes. Clicking on the "x" only hid the purchased apps. You cannot delete purchases - all you can do is hide them.

So, they are not on your phone, only listed in the "Not on this iPhone" section.

Cheers,

GB

Once you hid them in iTunes they should no longer display on your device. Just to make sure you were hiding them in the correct place - you did go to the iTunes Store, then click on Purchased under the Quick Links section, then on the Apps option to display the Apps, correct? At that point you clicked on the "invisible" x in the upper right-hand corner?

Check to see if the apps you hid are showing in your Account Info in iTunes on your computer. Click on your user name, then on Account Info, then under iTunes in the Cloud click on Manage next to "Hidden Purchases" to see if the apps you hid are listed there.

If they are, then they should not be still showing under the Not on this Phone section on your device.

Cheers,

GB

iphone apps not syncing when removed in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.