Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't YouTube videos play on iphone 6?

Every time I try to play a video on YouTube, I just keep getting a loading circle and it tells me to tap to try again. It works fine on my husband's iphone 5 and daughter's 5s. I don't understand.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 7:32 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 8:17 PM in response to Jersmith1408

1.Do a hard restart. Hold both buttons until it restarts. Fixed

2.Wipe the phone and re-install iOS. Download the latest iOS IPSW . Use iTunes to deploy the image to the phone.... When you plug in your iPhone to the computer with iTunes hold down the button on the iPhone while you plug it in. (or look up the directions, its been a while since I've done it). Back up all your crap to their "cloud", then you can restore it after its re-imaged.

3.Make sure everything is updated including the iOS, delete and reinstall, sign out and sign in. Try a benchmark test, one that tests video capability, to see if it is a phone problem or an app problem.?

Why don't YouTube videos play on iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.