Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to setup my APTC to access from any place

Hello everyone ...!!! I need some help with the airport time capsule, issue is I use this APTC like a external hard drive, but I can setup to access to my APTC from any place, I mean I don't have any problem when I'm at my home, but if I have to travel and I want to see my files from some other place I can't...

so I really appreciate if you guys can help me with this problem, because in Apple Chile no body knows how to do it.

Thanks

Mauro

Posted on May 25, 2015 7:40 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 7:51 PM in response to Mauro Pavez

This has been written up in a permanent help file by Tesserax..

AirPort Disk - Remote Access (3 Methods)

There is no difference between a TC and airport disk.. same thing with slightly different local setup. BUT none from remote.

LOL.. the man himself spoke.. !!! 1sec before I finished the post.

NOTE.. in many countries you are not given public IP and so will not be able to remote access..

ISP are short of addresses.. and buying a public static IP is the only way to do this reliably.

Using cloud storage is the easy way around it for a selection of your files at least.

How to setup my APTC to access from any place

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.