Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete the iBooks app on my iPad and re-download it?

My iPad is Model ME406LL/A. Running iOS 8.3. Since I upgraded to iOS 8 I can't read any iBooks I previously purchased and downloaded. I can see them and when I tap the book icon I can only see a summery page about the book, I cannot open the book to read. Maybe I should delete the iBooks app and redownload it but I do not know how to do that. I have iBooks 4.2.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:08 PM

11 replies

May 25, 2015 9:11 PM in response to mitzeljh

Are you sure you're looking at your own Library and not the iBooks Store view?

The book summary sheet appears only when you tap on a book within the Store. If you tap on a book within your Library, the book either opens, or starts downloading from the cloud.

For what's it worth, when I upgraded to iOS 8.3, most of my books disappeared from my Library and I had to sync them back thru iTunes, or re-download them from my Purchases section of iBooks Store.

May 26, 2015 11:52 AM in response to Michael Black

Thanks. When I go to My Books in the iBooks App I do not see any of the many books I had previously purchase and downloaded from the iBooks store. I have already tried downloading one of them several times, but it still does not show up there. However, the books I purchased do all show up on the "Purchased" page in the iBooks App. And, they all are marked "DOWNLOADED".

How can I delete the iBooks app on my iPad and re-download it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.