Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes while keeping music on iPhone?

Okay so here's the story...

I got a new laptop and so my iTunes is completely empty but I have all of my music on my phone, so is there a way to get my music from my iPhone to my iTunes library while keeping the music on my phone (not just syncing and removing everything from my phone because that would be a hassle)???

PLEASE HELP

I really want to be able to have music on my computer!!

Thanks so much guys

helpful info,

1. I have a dell laptop with windows 7

2. I have the most recent version of iTunes

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, dell laptop with windows 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:21 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2015 6:24 PM in response to kylietravs

Use the backup of the old computer iTunes library and put it on the new one. Or, if the purchases are all from iTunes, log into your iTunes account and download previous purchases. Or, since I have a feeling you cannot do any of this, you will need 3rd party software to do it, since the iTunes sync is only one way, from iTunes to the iOS device. See this user supplied tip. Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

May 25, 2015 6:28 PM in response to kylietravs

iPhone sync is one way street: computer to iPhone except music from iTunes Store.

If your music were bought from iTunes Store, you can use Transfer Purchases to transfer music from iPhone to computer iTunes.

Or given above, you can download the music directly from iTunes > Purchased.

You can also import all your music CDs to iTunes Library.

How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes while keeping music on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.