Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see my gift card amount in the App Store but when I try to buy chips it declines my payment. I also have money on the prepaid visa it's declining. I don't know what to do

i cannot use my gift card to purchase anything. I also cannot purchase anything off of my prepaid visa

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:23 PM

6 replies

May 25, 2015 9:09 PM in response to garisaari

Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong place to ask this question. I don't know how I got here so I just posted where I could. You know for people like me that don't know anything about these phones, instead of blowing us off or laughing at our ignorance re: phones, etc., someone could just be polite and answer the question or tell me where I need to go for assistance. Thanks. Much appreciated.

May 26, 2015 12:39 AM in response to garisaari

Part of the validation for credit cards is that they need to be registered to the same name and address as on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in your country - prepaid cards will tend to fail that validation so will be declined.

Have you tried logging in and removing that card and seeing if you can then use your balance to purchase items from the store : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ? If you still can't purchase anything then what happens (if you get an error message that what does it say) ?

(I've asked for your post to be moved to the iTunes Store forum.)

May 26, 2015 12:42 AM in response to garisaari

People don't usually respond as you describe, certainly not with intent to mock or otherwise make fun of you. I haven't been able to find out what upset you but here are some thoughts on your problem. As I understand things ...

If you are buying in the Mac App store, you can only buy for Mac computer related purposes.

If you are buying in iTunes, you can only buy for iOS related items.

So it follows your gift card would be rejected if you are trying to spend it in the wrong area.

Visa debit cards, even prepaid ones, are not universally accepted. You need to check the means of payment in your own country to determine that.

This is as good a place as any to put your question, but had it related to the Mac App store, there is a special forum for that.

Regards, 71.

I see my gift card amount in the App Store but when I try to buy chips it declines my payment. I also have money on the prepaid visa it's declining. I don't know what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.