Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Shared Photo Albums is not working in my mac mini but in my others devices it's ok?

Hi,

I'm using the photos application and migrated from iphoto all my photos and albums.

The shared albums appear in all my devices, my ipad, my iphone and my macbook air but is not working in my mac mini at home where I have my main photo collection.

Everything seems to be ok:

In settings I have shared photos enabled.

In Photos preferences I have iCloud shared photos enabled too...

but they just don't appear in my mac mini but I can see them in my macbook air.

Any help please?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:03 PM

7 replies

May 25, 2015 10:34 PM in response to Porrita

Do you see the "Shared" album section at all in your Photos library? If the "Shared " section in the sidebar is apparently empty, hover the pointer to the right of the caption "Shared" to reveal hidden "Show/Hide" button. Click "Show".

If Shared does not show at all, try to restart the syncing of the albums.

• In the "Photos > Preferences > iCloud" disable "My Photo Stream" and "iCloud Photo Sharing".
  • In the "System > Preferences > iCloud > Photos > Options" disable "My Photo Stream" and "iCloud Photo Sharing".
  • Then restart the Mac.
  • Now enable the Photo Steams again in "System > Preferences" and "Photos > Preferences".

It may take several hours for the Shared Streams to populate again.

May 29, 2015 12:40 AM in response to Porrita

Photos is part of MacOS X; you cannot uninstall and reinstall it separately. You would have to reinstall MacOS X.

There's no shared section on the side bar... and is not working at all.

Is not even the word "Shared" there in the sidebar?

Then check again in Photos > Preferences > iCloud if "iCloud Photo Sharing" is enabled.

User uploaded file

You should be seeing at least the Title "Shared" like this:

User uploaded file

If the title "Shared" is there, but the section empty, hover the pointer to the right of "Shared" to reveal the Show/Hide control and click Show. Does this reveal the albums?

If you cannot bring the title "albums" to show at all, but the albums are visible in iPhoto or Aperture, the process cloudphotosd may be hanging or having invalid cached data.

Then try the fix in this post: Re: Yosemite Photos iCloud photo sharing not working

LaCollisionMay 1, 2015 6:21 PM
Re: Yosemite Photos iCloud photo sharing not workingin response to pendlebumHelpful

VERY interesting, thank you!!

I had the same problem after a Time Machine backup.

I've found a solution :

1. Quit Photos

2. Remove the folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd/Data/Library/Application Support/com.apple.cloudphotosd

3. Restart

4. Launch Photos

… and everything works again!!

Your user library may still be hidden.

To reveal the hidden User Library:

• Bring the Finder forward by clicking on the Desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  • Select your user/home folder (with the house icon in the Finder sidebar)
  • With that Finder window as the front window, press the key combination ⌘J to bring up the View options.
  • In the View options panel enable ’Show Library Folder’. That will make your user library folder visible in your Home folder.
  • Open your Home folder, then the Library folder, then Containers.
  • Move the complete folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd/Data/Library/Application Support/com.apple.cloudphotosd to your desktop. Move the entire folder, not just the contents.

Now restart the Mac and try again. If all is well, delete the folder from the Desktop.

May 31, 2015 4:35 PM in response to Porrita

For me, videos were the culprit. I had to force quit the video-conversion process using the Activity Monitor app (I had to X out the process for every video that was trying to be converted).

The Photos app gave me no indication that anything was stuck. After force-quitting all instances of the video conversion process that kept popping up, the photos posted to the Shared album and the sun began to shine.

I re-created a Shared album and didn't include videos - it uploaded just fine.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Why Shared Photo Albums is not working in my mac mini but in my others devices it's ok?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.