Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kicked to home page by playlist on iPod Touch 5th Gen

I have an iPod Touch 5th gen that I just purchased two weeks ago. I had a problem with a large smart playlist would kick me to the home screen after playing about 3 songs or if I tried to skip ahead three or so songs. I upgraded to the latest iOS to try and fix it but that didn't work. I then noticed that a lot of my songs didn't sync and showed as stored in the iCloud. I found that iCloud was stuck in an upgrading phase because my account hadn't been verified. I reverted my iPod to a clean install after verifying my iCloud account, set it up from scratch (didn't use a backup) and that fixed the sync issues. The only problem is that I still have a larger playlist that kicks me back to the home screen when trying to play it after a few songs or after skipping a few songs. Once it kicks me the first time, I cannot go back into my iTunes on the device without it kicking me back to the home screen after a few seconds while trying to display that playlist. If I'm quick I can hit the back arrow when the playlist pops up and then I can start a new playlist and it works just fine. It seems to be an issue related to this one playlist but doesn't matter what song it tries to play it's always after a few songs or me skipping a few songs. I can play a few other lists just fine with no problems. I completely wiped the iPod and the issue still exists with my "3-5 Star" playlist.

Thoughts?

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:59 PM

1 reply

Kicked to home page by playlist on iPod Touch 5th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.