Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Display Will Not Work on Bootcamp Windows 7

Summary: I lost the ability to run dual display on Windows 7 Bootcamp after updating NVIDIA driver.

How:

- I set up a Windows 7 bootcamp OS on my macbook to run a windows-only game.

- After installation, I was able to hook up a monitor via Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter and run a dual screen set up(with the laptop Retina display being the secondary monitor.)

- A day later, a notification for NVIDIA software update pops up, so I install it.

Result:

- I lose the ability to run dual displays from the NVIDIA graphics card. I am informed of this by an error message the first time I try to check the second display. I can only choose either my external monitor, or the laptop display as the sole display. Note: Graphics quality has improved.

Specs:

MacBook Pro11,3

Intel Core i7

Intel Iris Pro

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Question:

Is there a way I can run dual displays and utilize the full power of the NVIDIA graphics card? Did the auto-update perhaps recommend the wrong driver? Since I have two graphics cards, is it possible for one to power one display, and the other to power the second one?

I was unable to turn up any similar cases from searching online, so any direction on this matter would be appreciated. Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:03 AM

This issue mysteriously fixed itself...

I tried rolling back the driver and reinstalling the driver - with restarts, a number of times with no success.

Then I restarted into OSX, launched a different game, and then restarted back into Windows 7 later... to find that both displays were working again, with no error messages.

I'll check back in with more information if I see any more issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 12:03 AM in response to ivanomichi

This issue mysteriously fixed itself...

I tried rolling back the driver and reinstalling the driver - with restarts, a number of times with no success.

Then I restarted into OSX, launched a different game, and then restarted back into Windows 7 later... to find that both displays were working again, with no error messages.

I'll check back in with more information if I see any more issues.

Dual Display Will Not Work on Bootcamp Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.