Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cropping and color correcting a multicam clip

I have three clips that were shot at the same time that I want to modify and then use in a multi-cam clip where I can change the angles. I want to use the sound exclusively from one (no video). I need to color correct the second one and crop the third one. How do I accomplish this with a multi-cam operation. Please explain the steps with detail.

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:29 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 12:33 AM in response to sburech

All of this is very easy to do.

1) Select the three clips in the browser, control-click and choose "New multicam clip".

2) double-click the new multicam clip to open in the angle editor. There you'll see the three angles, something like this:

User uploaded file

3) For each of the angles where you need to make adjustments (color, crop), click the respective icon (showing the icon of a display monitor, see the picture above) to make it the "monitoring angle", so that you see it in the viewer, and then make the adjustments.

4) Get out of the angle editor by pressing the back button at the top left of the timeline or simply by double-clicking your project in the browser.

5) Drag the multicam clip into the project timeline and edit away. By opening the "angle viewer" you will see all the angles at once and can cut to any angle by clicking or just pressing its number on the keyboard. Put the playhead at the first frame and select the angle that has your audio.

Notice the three buttons atop the angle viewer:

User uploaded file

By selecting the blue button in the picture ("video only") now every cut will change only the video angle and maintain the same audio selected throughout.

Cropping and color correcting a multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.