Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service from Apple care

I am from India. I am having iPhone 5, which is an Australian purchase. Few days back my phone didn't get started in the morning which was working fine upto the night. I went to Apple care in chandiagrh sector 34 Paramatrix, they diagonsed it and said I think your motherboard is gone. Then he said, sir you have two choices either you change the battery or you can get new iPhone 5. The battery they said will cost me 6000 Rs and new iPhone for exchange worth rs 19000. What a great offer! Battery for 6000Rs having warranty only 90 days and condition was if you say that battery is not working fine, we will run a test upon it and it will pass then the battery will not be exchanged.(WOW) And then for new iphone I have to pay 19000rs and my phone, and the new iphone 5 is for 21000 in India. Then I went to another apple care they said your motherboard is dead. I said please check the battery, they said sir battery is all fine.Then I went to a e-Store from where I got a battery for Rs2200 only with 6 months warranty. Obviously I have to go for that option. What a great service we are getting. By paying thousands to get new phone and if we face problem we again have to pay thousands for which we are not sure that thousands will satisfy us or not. I know its India and nothing gona happen against my this complaint. But atleast you have to be aware of all these things happening in India. Please take a good step against this and try to satisfy customers. If they beleive in you its your duty to give that much good service

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:14 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 12:59 AM in response to millu27

Firstly, you are not addressing Apple here - these are user to user technical support forums, a fact that you were made aware of when you signed up to these forums!

Secondly, if you have an iPhone 5 that you purchased in Australia, then you have NO VALID warranty in India. The warranty cover for an iPhone is ONLY valid for the country of purchase - iPhone warranty is NOT international and never has been.

If you want to take advantage of your warranty on your iPhone 5, then take it back to Australia where you purchased it and your warranty will be valid.

Service from Apple care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.