Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPod Touch 1st Gen with IOS 3.1 NOT WORKING

I just purchased IOS 3.1 on the iTunes store for $4.95 and it went to the page where it says "thanks for your purchase, it is now downloading" and it will "offer to update my iPod automatically", yet I have waited and waited and nothing has worked yet. Why?

iPod touch, iOS 2.x, 1st Gen

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:29 PM

15 replies

May 25, 2015 10:12 PM in response to ckuan

I connected my apple iPod touch 1st gen to my MAC,

iTunes opened automatically, and then I clicked the link from the apple support page to purcahse IOS 3.1
When i clicked the link it accessed my iTunes opened the page where I could purchase the software.
It said "thanks for purchasing and downloading will begin ect.. (all this was confirmed INSIDE iTunes)
Then iTunes said it will automatically offer to update my ipod when the download is complete, and I must keep it connected.
I followed all these steps with my brain connected to my spine.

Yes, I have the latest version of iTunes.

I have already put this stupid thing on eBay. I just want it to update out of principle. I bought it for my daughter and can't even download any apps as it is running currently on IOS 2.2.1 and obviously nothing is compatible with that any more.

I am also thinking of jail breaking this mothersucker, yet there is no current jailbreak for it. hilarious.

-Stephanie

May 26, 2015 1:32 AM in response to stephaniefromhighett

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Updating iPod Touch 1st Gen with IOS 3.1 NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.