Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipad mini and am not used to apple products. How do I know if an app I want is free or is a purchase and how do I know how much it costs? Also when in itunes once I download something is their any recurring charges.

I Have a new iPad mini & am not familiar with apple products. How do I know if an app cost to download and secondly, when in iTunes are there reoccurring charges after you download something? I just don't want to be paying for things I'm not aware of. Can anyone help me with this? As simple as possible please!,

iPad Mini, iOS 8, I don't know operA

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:11 PM

Free apps are so identified. They also have an active Get button. Otherwise, their price is noted. If download software that has in-app purchases, then there may be recurring charges, but they are not from iTunes unless the download is a subscription service. Read before you download. It is your responsibility to be aware.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 11:11 PM in response to Noonner

Free apps are so identified. They also have an active Get button. Otherwise, their price is noted. If download software that has in-app purchases, then there may be recurring charges, but they are not from iTunes unless the download is a subscription service. Read before you download. It is your responsibility to be aware.

I have an ipad mini and am not used to apple products. How do I know if an app I want is free or is a purchase and how do I know how much it costs? Also when in itunes once I download something is their any recurring charges.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.