Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weather app

weather app suddenly stopped showing my location and doesnt recognise city when i enter manually... still shows other cities i have loaded overseas...both location and weather services turned on...i have now loaded new yahoo app this one shows my city but says weather information not available????!!!!!!!! on iphone 4s

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:37 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2015 11:41 PM in response to radiation1

Try to restart your phone. If this doesn't help, try to reset it. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Hope this helps!

May 26, 2015 1:01 AM in response to radiation1

Hi radiation1,

The Weather data provider sometimes fluctuates the data that it has. It depends in which City you are residing. As I live in Africa, some cities will display information and some won't. Some will display information today and not have the same city data available tomorrow. My guess is, that if it is a small city/town that does not have constant information flowing in - especially if it is not in America - it will only display the information when it has received it from the weather observers.

Aside: If I am correct, the Weather app from Apple uses Yahoo weather data so downloading Yahoo weather will not cause for any more updates than the Weather app has. Try something like AccuWeather which I've found to almost always have the data for the City I am in at the time.

Hope I helped.

weather app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.