Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't have access to iCloud Keychain

Hello Apple Forums,

I am posting this here as I have tried everything I could think of. Thank you advance to anyone who takes the time to help.

I am a proud MacBook Pro(OS X Yosemite 10.10.3) and iPhone 6(iOS 8.3)

I live(d) in South Africa and I recently moved to Zambia. As I cannot receive calls from Apple, I am left with only one option, which is having to ask for support from the community.

I registered iCloud Keychain with my South African number whilst at the time I only had an iPhone. When I moved to Zambia, I purchased a MacBook Pro and set everything up with the exception of Keychain. When I eventually tried setting it up it asked whether I would like to use a Security Code or set it up using a different device. I chose Approve from other device. I never got any notification or any email(Yes, I am using the exact same account). I left it for a week or so but finally decided to get to the bottom of this issue and I discovered that iCloud Keychain was no longer toggled "On" on my iPhone. I toggled it on and it asked for my Security Code which I entered however a pop up appeared which said something in the line of "Please enter the verification code sent to this number **********" (The number I do not have access to currently, as I am in Zambia and am using a Zambian carrier). I chose the option along the lines of "I do not have access to this number", which led me to Apple support with only options to receive or make a call(Which I cannot do as the number format here is different than in America).

I cannot call them as it would cost me a fortune and on-top of that, I do not think I have Phone Support. I cannot get a hold of any email address for Apple Support which I could contact otherwise I would have taken that option. I also do not have access to a iStore to physically go to with this problem.

I hope these details are formatted correctly and that you could deduce something from it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

~Alpha_Brainiac

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:49 AM

There are no replies.

Don't have access to iCloud Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.