Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Screen Cracked

Hi

I am writing this email to express my deepest disatisfation with Apple South Africa and well as my service provider. Unfortunatly i am unable to find any other means to escalate my complaint other than the one i am using now. this is due to a lack of information on the website, especially south african one

I have many Apple products and i am a a firm lover of what Apple offers. I have a Macbook Air, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and my most recent addition an iPhone 6 Plus.

I recieved delivery of the 6+ on 18 May 2015 and on Wednesday the screen broke in my pocket, near the volume button.

I immediatly went to my nearest iStore (Gateway) to which i was told they cannot touch the phone i must go to my service provider( Altech Autopage). I thereafter went to Autopage(located in the same mall) to which i was told it was my fault and i must fix it myself. I went into a nearby repair store callled iFix and they quoted me R4500.00 and i will lose my warantee

The next day i made contact with the dealer that arranged my phone contract and was given the same response as i must fix it myself. The thing is the phone was only on its first day out.

Problem is

1. Its not my fault
  2. iStore refuses to touch the phone
  3. Altech Autopage says it my fault
  4. Even if it was my fault i dont have R4500.00 to repair a cracked screen of a phone which is now only 8 days old. and lose my warrantee

Even at that point i was not made aware that Apple care cannot be purchased unless your phone is taken from the iStore direct. How does any of this help me as a consumer? Basically i was told in not so many words, sort it out yourself

As said previously i am a loyal Apple customer and already have many products, and this is no way for me to be treated

I write this email in the hope that this matter can be resolved. I am quite sure the display can be shipped via UPS or the phone sent over and a repair can be facilitated

Please contact me on ########## should we need to discuss this further

As mentioned previously, i have written this email using this means as Apple South Africa has no accommodating for it neither does the US website and i have not been able to obtain any help here locally

Regards

Sameer

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:08 AM

2 replies

iPhone 6 Plus Screen Cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.