Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When in Ebay I have problems with slow scrolling and slow typing

I have noticed recently that when I am on Ebay my iMac is behaving very strangely, when I scroll down I get a few ad's then a white screen. When I scroll back up again what was there then goes white. Likewise when I type into the search box I have to wait for the letters to appear, this can take upwards of 10 secs per letter. I am baffled and not that good with technology anyway 😊, can somebody please help? to my knowledge this only seems to happen on Ebay on my mac.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Spick.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:59 AM

Try to reset Safari. Go to Safari menu (At the very top right side of your screen next to Apple icon), choose "Quit Safari"

press "Shift" button and while holding this button on your keyboard single click on the Safari icon on your Dock.

After that, open Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Remove All Website Data.

You mentioned ads on the website. It may be that you have adware installed on the computer. Try to use Adwaremedic. It is a tiny tool, which will remove the adware within several seconds. You can download Adwaremedic from this website: http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

I'd also suggest installing AdBlock.

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 12:59 AM in response to Spick5859

Try to reset Safari. Go to Safari menu (At the very top right side of your screen next to Apple icon), choose "Quit Safari"

press "Shift" button and while holding this button on your keyboard single click on the Safari icon on your Dock.

After that, open Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Remove All Website Data.

You mentioned ads on the website. It may be that you have adware installed on the computer. Try to use Adwaremedic. It is a tiny tool, which will remove the adware within several seconds. You can download Adwaremedic from this website: http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

I'd also suggest installing AdBlock.

Hope this helps!

When in Ebay I have problems with slow scrolling and slow typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.