Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high resolution original won't download to ipad

I have Photo setting on Optimise iPad storage. To down load originals high resolution photo advice says tap on the photo.

This I do, the circle in the right hand bottom goes white for one quarter, then stops. I still have the poor low resolution photo on my iPad.

I have ample GB's on my ipad.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:35 AM

From the iOS8 Help: iPad User Guide iOS8

Download a full-resolution photo or video. If you’re not storing original versions on iPad, simply pinch to zoom in to 100%, or tap Edit.

Pinching to Zoom will force the download, even if you are not storing original versions on iPad. When I try that, sometimes the download will hang, just like you are describing, and after a few moments an error message will appear with "Try again later". After pinching again the photo will usually download. This may be caused by a slow internet connection or too much traffic at Apple's iCloud servers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:35 AM in response to Lacadean1

From the iOS8 Help: iPad User Guide iOS8

Download a full-resolution photo or video. If you’re not storing original versions on iPad, simply pinch to zoom in to 100%, or tap Edit.

Pinching to Zoom will force the download, even if you are not storing original versions on iPad. When I try that, sometimes the download will hang, just like you are describing, and after a few moments an error message will appear with "Try again later". After pinching again the photo will usually download. This may be caused by a slow internet connection or too much traffic at Apple's iCloud servers.

May 26, 2015 3:52 PM in response to Lacadean1

Why is it so???

It is hard to say. My iPad 3 is loading the originals reasonably quickly, when I have a good Wi-Fi connection, but terribly slow, or even does not succeed to download, when I have only a cellular network. How many devices are you syncing with iCloud? Is it possible, that the iPad cannot download, because other devices are still uploading?

high resolution original won't download to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.