Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

won't wake up from sleep with wireless keyboard

Hi,

My system won't wake up from sleep when using wireless keyboard & Mouse. Wake sleep function working fine with wired keyboard & mouse. I want to rectify it.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:54 AM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2015 9:21 AM in response to Vijaymac

I also have this problem. I have been talking to Apple Support for over a week. It only happens intermittently and only affects the keyboard. It was OK with a wired keyboard but yesterday that was the same too. I found that unplugging it and plugging it back in again resolved it, and also that switching the keyboard off and back on stops it (till next time!). With Apple support I have deleted loads of cache files, reset the SMC and reinstalled El Capitan, and it is OK for a day or so and then starts up again.

Given that a number of people have not reported this issue on the Communities, I suspect it is an El Capitan issue and just hope Apple get to the bottom of it soon. I now have a Senior Support Engineer working on it.....

won't wake up from sleep with wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.