Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast feed not updating

Help!

My show, You Start Today: The Doctor Lee Warren Podcast, isn't adding the newest episode in the iTunes story (or on Stitcher). It shows up fine for subscribers, downloads properly from Libsyn, and plays fine on my site via Bluberry Powerpress as always. So, obviously I haven't changed anything.

Does anyone know how to diagnose and fix this?

Thank you!

Feed: http://www.wleewarrenmd.com/feed/podcast/

iTunes Link: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/you-start-today-dr.-lee-warren/id8634815 02?mt=2&uo=6

Thanks!

Lee

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:43 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 8:13 AM in response to lisaandlee

Your latest episode has a fatal error in the feed - oddly enough it's not upsetting iTunes when subscribing, but it's definitely throwing a browser when you look at the feed and may very well be upsetting the Store and preventing it from updating (though it's only been two days, and that's not an unusual delay).

You have a lot of text within the 'description' tag for this episode (including an iframe, which isn't a good idea); however iTunes and the Store don't read this tag as long as you have itunes:subtitle and itunes:summary tags, which you do. However the error can still wreck the entire feed.

Some way down the text of this tag you have a paragraph beginning:

<p>Infinite Hero’s pledge to those

The apostrophe is a 'smart quote' - it shows as a 'curly quote' in some programs - Infinite Hero’s pledge - though it's difficult to see at a small size. This comes of writing your text in a word processor. You are not allowed curly quotes in XML. You must stick to straight typewriter-style quotes - ' .

You should check that you don't have any more of these lurking about.

Podcast feed not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.