Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I cannot update some apps?

Why updating only some apps over wi-fi may fail?

Two app updates on my iPad fail to download: Dropbox and Viber. Only these two.

Downloading updates fails always at same point. Retrying or restarting the iPad will not help.

All other apps (including much larger ones, like Evernote or OneDrive) update quickly and successfully,

My internet connection is fast, stable and there are no any problem. Or is there??

Viber support asked to try from a "different wi-fi" - but going to other place with wi-fi is currently difficult for me (no I'm not writing this from a jail).

So before taking the trouble to find "other wi-fi", can anyone suggest WHAT kind of "different" I should look for?

Thanks,

-- drbug

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:12 AM

10 replies

May 26, 2015 4:37 AM in response to shahin komak

> do you set uo these apps by the same apple id?

A good catch! Indeed, I could install some apps from a different ID.

But there are NO prompts for ID at all. It just starts downloading and fails to complete.

Where the ID used to install a particular app can be seen?

No useful hint is given as to why download fails, just "cannot download now, try later".

But the failure always occurs at same place, so I know it is not random.

Thanks.

-- drbug

May 27, 2015 2:45 AM in response to jazcan

Ok, I can install new apps, prompted for the store password, everything is well. Except of these <beep>ed two apps.

So, the store or iTunes theory is dismissed, right?

On Android tablet on the same wi-fi router, both apps installed just fine (Android versions of course).

Now I'd like to ask, where the apps are downloaded from: a central server at Apple, or server for each app is owned by its vendor?

If the latter, I'll try to follow up with the app vendors.

-- d.

Why I cannot update some apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.