Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Held F1 on boot, now won't ever start

From what I've learned I've set it to boot from a network by default by holding F1 at boot. How do I set it to not boot from a network by default at boot? I'm trying to boot from my drive in my computer. Trying to undo the holding of the F1 at boot.

Thank you for the time.

iMac, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:33 AM

13 replies

May 26, 2015 3:48 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hey, thanks for the response.

I am unable to access my Mac System Preferences. I'm communicating with you via my Windows partition. I'm using Mac OS X 4, so I don't have a recovery partition. Is there another way to tell my computer to start up from the internal disk at boot? My Mac partition is set to start as default.

Edit: I know it says I'm using iOS 4 in my original post, but that's just an error. I'm using an iMac desktop, OS X 4.

May 27, 2015 6:10 AM in response to SeaPapp

I did what you said. I selected my Mac partition on the Startup Manager, and it shut down as the Apple logo appeared as usual. Then once I restarted after it shut down I held Cmd + R while it booted. Nothing happens when I hold Cmd + R at boot. Like I said I don't have a recovery partition because I'm running a Mac OS pre-Lion. The last resort is to boot from CD and re-install my Mac OS, but I'm looking for a way to avoid that. I held a key to tell my computer to boot from a network, so is there a key to tell it to boot from the internal drive?

Held F1 on boot, now won't ever start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.