Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do videos store data I can't get rid of on my iPad mini?

I have an iPad mini, I'm not sure what generation, maybe 2? I am running the iOS8 latest version. When I watch a video stored in my icloud (what I assumed was streaming from the icloud) it stores random "other" data on my iPad that I can't get rid of without resetting my iPad. And I really don't want to reset every few weeks just to use it. I use it primarily for videos so this is a big issue. I read somewhere else that there is no such thing as streaming, the videos download while your watching it. But the videos don't save as videos, they save as "other" and the videos still have the icloud icon next to them, acting like they haven't been downloaded, so if they haven't been downloaded I can't delete them. So if I can't delete without resetting how do I fix this? I want to report this to apple, but the only way to contact them is to pay and I don't need tech service, I just want to report this

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:45 AM

There are no replies.

Why do videos store data I can't get rid of on my iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.