Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP IPOD LOCK OUT

I set up a new Ipod which I never used, and set up a new apple id for it and completely forgot about it and did not write it down. I tried to remember and the ipod locked out and I had to get it restored but it is still linked to the id and wont let me go any further than enter id and password. I am going on hols tomorrow and wanted to bring it with me. Can anyone help a damsel in distress?

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:11 AM

How to find your Apple ID

Use these steps if you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one.

Your Apple ID is the primary email address for your Apple ID account. It’s also the personal account that you use for everything you do with Apple including shop the iTunes & App Store, sign in to iCloud, use iMessage, and more. You only need one Apple ID. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing when you access purchased content or when you use certain Apple services.

If you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one, follow these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID.
  2. Enter your first name, last name, current email address, and any prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID. If you find multiple IDs, choose the one that matches your current email address.
  3. If you find your Apple ID, follow the onscreen steps to access your account. You'll then need to reset your password and update it in your settings. If you remember your password, click Cancel and sign in to My Apple ID using your login information.

If you can’t find your Apple ID using the steps above, check the Apple ID already signed in to your Apple services. After you sign in to My Apple ID, you can update your Apple ID email address to make sure you won’t forget it.

If necessary contact iTunes:

Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 9:11 AM in response to tjfrommaynooth

How to find your Apple ID

Use these steps if you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one.

Your Apple ID is the primary email address for your Apple ID account. It’s also the personal account that you use for everything you do with Apple including shop the iTunes & App Store, sign in to iCloud, use iMessage, and more. You only need one Apple ID. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing when you access purchased content or when you use certain Apple services.

If you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one, follow these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID.
  2. Enter your first name, last name, current email address, and any prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID. If you find multiple IDs, choose the one that matches your current email address.
  3. If you find your Apple ID, follow the onscreen steps to access your account. You'll then need to reset your password and update it in your settings. If you remember your password, click Cancel and sign in to My Apple ID using your login information.

If you can’t find your Apple ID using the steps above, check the Apple ID already signed in to your Apple services. After you sign in to My Apple ID, you can update your Apple ID email address to make sure you won’t forget it.

If necessary contact iTunes:

Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us

HELP IPOD LOCK OUT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.