Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 fell into a pool... Can it be repaired, if so at what cost?

Hi,

My sister pushed me into the pool and I had my iPhone 5 in my pocket. It is not working now. My friend said this happened her with her iPhone 4 and her phone couldn't be fixed. I was wondering if this has happened anyone else. If so were they able to get there phone fixed and how much did it cost?

iPhone 5

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:50 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Jamie-LeeD

It almost certainly cannot be fixed as the internals of the device will be completely shorted out and ruined. If you have AppleCare+ you can use one of your two allowed accidental damage claims and get a replacement. If not, you will have to pay the put of warranty replacement cost to get a like new factory refurbished replacement. The costs for your country will be listed under the repair &I service tab of the iPhone support web page.

May 26, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Jamie-LeeD

Jamie-LeeD wrote:

Hi,

My sister pushed me into the pool and I had my iPhone 5 in my pocket. It is not working now. My friend said this happened her with her iPhone 4 and her phone couldn't be fixed. I was wondering if this has happened anyone else. If so were they able to get there phone fixed and how much did it cost?

Only thing you can do is dry it out in Rice for days before taking it to apple store -- or just take it in - you will wind up with a new phone - but they may be able to get your data off it if it has not spent too much time corroding. Pool water has chemicals in it - so the damage in done.

Iphone 5 fell into a pool... Can it be repaired, if so at what cost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.