Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 Will Not Charge. Help ?

So my iPhone 5 will not charge. Night before last the charger started to mess up, I'd have to wiggle it a certain way just to get it to work. So then my boyfriend.(I'm a girl btw on my boyfriend's id) brought over a new USB. Nothing is wrong with the wall plugs because they are both brand new. But the old USB had a tear and was ready to give way. So he brought a new one over. Well it would not charge at all and kept slipping out. I thought maybe its just this USB. So I had a friend buy me a brand new USB the next day, well, I charged it ALL night and woke up the next morning and it was still blinking that I needed to connect my charger. I had became livid my then. I've tried 5 different outlets, 2 different wall plugs, and 2 different USB's. Now what do I do. I'm basically phoneless!

iPhone 5

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:07 AM

Take the time to look in the charging port area of the phone. See if there is any dirt, lint, dust, etc. in the port area that could be preventing good contact with the lightning cable. You can use a wooden toothpick, or a clean, dry toothbrush to clean out the area, and use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If that does not take care of it, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have the device looked at. There could be damage to the charging port area, since you seem to have eliminated cables. A question though, are all of the cables you tried actual Apple cables? Not all 3rd party cables will function with the phone, and can actually damage the device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 8:07 AM in response to ericfromstockbridge

Take the time to look in the charging port area of the phone. See if there is any dirt, lint, dust, etc. in the port area that could be preventing good contact with the lightning cable. You can use a wooden toothpick, or a clean, dry toothbrush to clean out the area, and use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If that does not take care of it, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have the device looked at. There could be damage to the charging port area, since you seem to have eliminated cables. A question though, are all of the cables you tried actual Apple cables? Not all 3rd party cables will function with the phone, and can actually damage the device.

My iPhone 5 Will Not Charge. Help ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.