Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5C has lost most of my info on notes app

My iphone 5C has dropped most of the information I had in the notes feature of the phone. Thoughts on getting them back?

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:01 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 9:29 AM in response to djsdone

Greetings djsdone,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your information in Notes seems to be missing and you would like to recover that information. To begin troubleshooting, if you were using your notes with your iCloud account, I would suggest reading over the information in the attached article to verify that Notes are turned on and syncing with iCloud. You can even sign into www.iCloud.com to view your information in Notes if they were being synced with iCloud.

Syncing Notes on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Notes are associated with an IMAP email account or iCloud account. To sync Notes, enable Notes for each account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud.

• When you enable Notes sync for an email account, the Notes folder will no longer appear as a mailbox in the Mail app. To create or view notes, use the Notes app instead.
  • If notes are not syncing as expected, check the following:
    • Ensure that you enabled Notes for that account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud.
    • In Notes on your iOS device or Mac, verify that your notes are not stored in a local folder.
      Example: On My iPhone or On My Mac. If you have notes in these folders, you will need to copy or transfer them to iCloud or IMAP to sync with your other devices.

Cheers,

Joe

iphone 5C has lost most of my info on notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.