Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make email an option for sharing pictures in Photos on my MacBook Pro?

I would like to be able to email pictures directly from Photos with my MacBook Pro. I used to do this with iPhoto and I know it is possible with Photos but email is not an option when I click the Share button. If I click "more" at the bottom of the drop down menu I can see Mail as an option and it is checked but it is gray while the options that work are blue. Interestingly it says "Mail" but the icon is the Chrome wheel not the Mail icon. I use Gmail and would love to have the emails go directly from Gmail but with iPhoto I had to use Apple's Mail app and that is an acceptable work around. Pictures emailed from iPhoto were always in an album format which for me was not ideal so I am hoping to figure out how to email from Photos such that the pictures are regular attachments. Right now I have to export the photos to my hard drive and then do an email and attach the photo. Very clunky.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

How do I make email an option for sharing pictures in Photos on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.